Schedules change. Kids get sick. Things happen. There are many reasons why you might be on the schedule to serve in our kids ministry, but become unavailable. So if something comes up, how can you go about finding someone to switch dates with?
Really, it’s as simple as using Planning Center to see the schedule, access contact info, and ask for a switch. Here is what to do:
2) After logging into the app, find the date you are scheduled to serve in your schedule. For example, if you are unable to make it to your scheduled event on March 26, click that date.
3) Then use the arrow button at the top-right to scroll over to a close-by date you are available to serve (like March 19). Then click "Teams" to see everyone serving that day in that area.
4) Take note of a person or two who is serving on the date that you'd like to switch to.
5) Then click "People" at the bottom right of the app. And search the directory for the name of the person you'd like to switch with. Tap their name to bring up the ability to email, call, or text that person. I suggest you text them to ask to switch, but some people like calling for a more personal touch. Email is not the best option for most people.
6) Type your text message. Introduce yourself (Hi, this Kelly H…), and ask if anyone can switch to the date you need covered (I had a conflict come up with serving in nursery on 3/26, could you switch with me?).
7) Once you have found someone to switch with, email Kelly.Hayes@sandhurst.net so that we can change it in the system.
8) Enjoy the fact that you just helped the discipleship process to go well for the kids and volunteers in our church!